Senior Structural Engineer Saskatoon 18377
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. our Buildings team provides a full range of innovative services in buildings engineering, architecture, interior design, and facilities planning and operations, helping our clients to create high performance and cost-effective buildings and interiors.
Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide structural, mechanical, & electrical engineering services, as well as many unique and specialty services such as lighting and daylighting, security & life safety systems designs, commissioning & retro-commissioning, plan checking, and energy engineering services. Focused on providing the most cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
An immediate opportunity currently exists in our Saskatoon, SK office for a Senior Structural Engineer. The ideal candidate will be required to design concrete, masonry, steel and wood building structures. The successful candidate will concurrently work on a range of projects of differing complexity, construction value and at different stages in the procurement cycle.
You will draw on your proactive and analytical problem solving skills to deliver robust structural solutions working either independently or supporting larger interdisciplinary teams.
- Design of structural systems for commercial, industrial, institutional, sports, residential, public and private facilities, and civil structures plus contract administration tasks
- Building structural assessment, restoration and renovation projects
- Structural design and drawing review
- Technical report and specification writing and review
- Supervising and mentoring of a group of junior and intermediate structural engineers and technologists
- Business travel as required by project location
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, M.Eng., M.Sc. or Ph.D.
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in the design of structural building systems in a consulting environment
- Are licensed, or immediately eligible to be licensed, as a Professional Engineer in Saskatchewan
- Possess a demonstrated working knowledge of current National Canadian and Provincial Building Codes and design standards
- Have strong knowledge of structural software applications such as SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE, STAAD Pro, ROBOT, and other analysis and design tools
- Have previous experience in site investigations, construction reviews and report preparation
- Have a strong potential for developing well-established relationships within the local architectural and industrial sectors along with business development skills
- Possess leadership and excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an ability to work either independently or in a team environment on multi-discipline projects
All qualified candidates are invited to apply.
Keywords: North Battleford, Moose Jaw, Regina, Prince Albert, Shellbook, Melfort, Yorkton, Swift Current
Stantec, founded in 1954, provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. Continually striving to balance economic, environmental, and social responsibilities, we are recognized as a world-class leader and innovator in the delivery of sustainable solutions. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets, at every stage, from initial concept and financial feasibility to project completion and beyond.
In simple terms, the world of Stantec is the water we drink, the routes we travel, the buildings we visit, the industries in which we work, and the neighborhoods we call home.
Our services are provided on projects around the world through approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally. Stantec trades on the TSX and on the NYSE under the symbol STN.
Stantec is One Team providing Integrated Solutions.
SIMILAR ENGINEERING JOBS
- Civil Engineer - Residential On-Site Sewage and Septic system Specialist - Senior Project Manager Newmarket 108876
- Engineering Supervisor Edmonton 109883
- Engineering Supervisor Red Deer 109889
- Engineering Supervisor Spruce Grove 109892
- Engineering Supervisor Fort Saskatchewan 109886