Building Science Technologist/Engineer - Intermediate/Senior Saskatoon 18183
Location: Saskatoon, SK
We provide professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets, at every stage, from initial concept and financial feasibility to project completion and beyond. Our services are offered through approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally.
Our Integrated Asset Management Solutions (IAM Solutions) team focuses on the assessment, renewal, modernization and sustainability of existing buildings. Every year, we undertake the assessment, renewal and improvement of thousands of buildings throughout Canada and the United States. The IAM Solutions Vision is to improve the Built Environment for the Well-Being of Occupants. IAM Solutions services include: Sustainable Buildings Consulting and Facilitation, Energy Management, Renewal Planning and Implementation, Facility Capital Planning, Building Condition Assessments and Reserve Fund Studies, Designated Substances Assessments, Indoor Air Quality, Building Envelope Assessment and Renewal, Roofing Consulting and Performance Engineering.
Our company is One Team providing Infinite Opportunities.
We are currently seeking to fill a Intermediate /Senior Facility Assessment Engineer /Project Manager position for our Saskatoon office. The successful candidate will be part of a project team, and under the direction of a Practice Leader, will be responsible to manage condition assessment portfolios, renewal implementation portfolios and review and completion of technical reports. Estimate quantities of materials for the purposes of capital planning. The individual must be capable of working independently, as well as able to provide leadership and guidance to the Facility Assessors.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• University Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
• Professional Engineer or registered technologist designation in, or immediate eligibility is an asset
• Experience in completing large/complex building condition assessments is an asset.
• Experience in developing specifications for, as well as coordinating and overseeing renewal implementation (ie. replace, repair, refurbish) projects is required.
• Experience in building science, mechanical and electrical building systems, sustainable building and/or energy efficiency initiatives would be an asset.
• At least 7 years of practical experience in a related field is essential.
• Demonstrated skill at organizing and planning for work within tight deadlines while maintaining attention to details.
• Experienced at demonstrating sound judgment and common sense at work.
• Experienced at working well in a team environment.
• Ability to travel within Canada shall be required.
• Ability to travel to the United States is considered an asset.
• Current Driver's license is required.
• Fluent English language verbal and writing skills are required.
• Exceptional Microsoft Office skills required.
Keywords: North Battleford, Moose Jaw, Regina, Prince Albert, Shellbook, Melfort, Yorkton, Swift Current, Estevan, Kindersley, P. Eng.
Stantec, founded in 1954, provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. Continually striving to balance economic, environmental, and social responsibilities, we are recognized as a world-class leader and innovator in the delivery of sustainable solutions. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets, at every stage, from initial concept and financial feasibility to project completion and beyond.
In simple terms, the world of Stantec is the water we drink, the routes we travel, the buildings we visit, the industries in which we work, and the neighborhoods we call home.
Our services are provided on projects around the world through approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally. Stantec trades on the TSX and on the NYSE under the symbol STN.
Stantec is One Team providing Integrated Solutions.